Late last month I released Green Park 2 Beta 4 with a small support for i18n — thanks to a lot of people with a lot more eyes than I have, I could fix around 15 smaller issues, two bugs and I got a lot of feedback regarding the i18n of the theme. Thanks to the community, we have support for the following languages:
This release is for developers and translators only. It is not supported and not recommended for production use
(the latest official and supported version is Green Park Beta 4). The latest supported version is Green Park Beta 5.
Comments not related to Beta 5 pre will be removed from this post to keep the focus on translations.
Apart from a new header graphic and more appealing forms and buttons, GP2 comes with a lot of code and CSS improvements, to render the website even faster along with typography and SEO optimizations. The Beta needs ~3KB less code on each created page compared to the latest alpha. The new settings page located at the WordPress Admin section, to configure Feedburner, Adsense and Analytics, has been cleaned up although.
Like it? Buy me a cup of coffee ;)
As you might know, coders love coffee — and I need a lot. If you like my free themes, feel free to send me 1$ for a coffee.
I updated my WordPress theme Green Park 2 to Alpha 7 (the theme you’re looking at), with a lot of improvements to the codebase and full support for IE6 incorporated. Cordobo Green Park 2 is a simple & elegant light-weight theme for WordPress with a clean typography, built with seo and page-rendering optimizations in mind.
The theme is released as “ALPHA”, to let you know I’m still adding features and improvements. So please feel free and report any bug you may encounter in the comments section below.
- Fully compatible with WordPress 2.7.1 and up
- Support for WordPress widgets
- Light-weight: optimized CSS for really fast cross-browser rendering, less graphics (Grade “A” in YSlow)
- Fast: the minimum set of SQL queries
- Findability: SEO optimizations for humans and search-engines
- Accessible: clean and structured code for screen-readers and “jump links” for navigation
- A very clean typography for advanced readability
- Use of css sprites for images for even less http-requests
- Built-In Simple-Twitter Plugin support
- Built-In Sitepagination-Plugin support